It is a great thing to own a vehicle as it makes it easier to move from one point to another. However, the vehicle will once in a while require some maintenance services. If you have the best car jack, you can easily be able to carry out the repairs and maintenance with so much ease. However, for most vehicle owners, they may not tell which would be the best car floor jack. This is the main reason why we have come up with this guide so as to help you make an informed decision on the quality car jack.
There are so many different models on the market and as such, you may find it becoming an overwhelming task to pick the right auto floor jack. We have expert reviews that we will use to ensure that you are able to buy the best floor jack for the money. With the ideal floor jack, you will reduce the trips to the mechanics and ultimately save the money.
Why You Buy An Automotive Floor Jack?
There are so many reasons why you should buy the best car jack. With the floor jack, you will be able to access the components that are underneath the vehicle. This means that the best value floor jack will allow you to save money and the regular trips to the mechanics to have your vehicle checked. With a floor jack, you stand to gain a whole lot.
Top 5 Things to Consider When Buying a Car Jack
It is clear so far, that there is a lot you can benefit from acquiring the car jack; more so, the right car jack. If you follow the reviews, you will notice that each model offers you a different range of advantages. As such, in order to choose the best rated floor jack for your needs and your budget, there are a number of things that you need to consider. The following list will prove as a good guide for what to look for in a good car floor jack:
- Swift Pumping:
The first thing you want is to have to use so much effort to lift the vehicle. Some floor jacks force you to keep pumping for the longest time before you are able to lift the vehicle to level needed. To avoid this, look for the quality jack that has either has dual pistons or the rapid pump feature. You will know if a floor jack has this feature by the noted number of pumps needed to lift the floor jack’s maximum weight. This will make it easier to lift the vehicle or any other loads faster and effortlessly.
- Lifting Height:
The best way to determine the best floor jack for your car is to determine your car’s ground clearance. This will enable you to choose a floor car jack that will easily slip under your car. Also, ensure that you look at the floor jack’s maximum lift height. This will make it easy for you to determine which is the best budget floor jack for your car?
- Maximum Lift Weight:
In the same breath, as you look into the level to which the floor jack needs to lift, you also need to consider the weight that it needs to lift. True, you will not at any point need the jack to lift the entire vehicle at once, but it is important to look for the value floor jack that can lift a variety of weights. This will enable you to lift different car models with the same floor jack.
- What the Floor Jack Is Made Of:
Different companies may make floor jack from different materials. It is therefore important that you check the material used to make the floor jack you consider buying. The best floor jack is one that is not only strong but is also durable. A floor jack made of steel or aluminum will prove to be the best floor jack for the money as it is both durable and strong. Steer clear of floor jack’s made with plastic in some parts as they break easily and will definitely not be the ideal auto jack.
- The Price:
This is the main factor as it totally determines the floor jack you take home. Still, whatever budget you have, ensure that you choose the budget floor jack. Select a number of models whose price range is the same, compare the features and all the above factors, and then pick the best budget floor jack for the price. Look through reviews to ensure that the one you end up with is indeed the right floor jack for the price.
For more in-depth information about Choosing the Best Floor Jack, I highly recommend this article: https://automotivetoolspoint.com/choose-the-best-floor-jack/
Our Top Pick best car floor jacks Reviews Comparison Chart
- Price: $$$
- Capacity: 2 Ton
- Body: Steel
- Item Weight: 67.2 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price: $$
- Capacity: 1.5 Ton
- Body: Aluminum
- Item Weight: 40.0 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price: $$$
- Capacity: 2 Ton
- Body: Not Mention
- Item Weight: 103.6 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
What’s The Best Car Jack On The Market?
The choice of the quality car jack is dependent on various factors. There are a number of brands and models on the market and this may be quite confusing. This is why we have narrowed down to some of the best models so as to make it easier for you to choose the best rated floor jack. Here are some of the top models:
Arcan XL20 Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack – 2 Ton Capacity
The Arcan XL20 is one of the best floor jack that you will find on the market. It is a floor jack that has the capacity to lift loads of up to 2 tons and this means that you can use it on different types of vehicles without a problem. One of the main reasons that we highly recommend this floor jack is the fact that it is of superior quality, yet it is quite affordable. The Arcan 2 ton aluminum floor jack comes with a wide range of features and as such you will not be disappointed when you choose to buy this floor jack.
It also comes with a very low height and as such, you can easily place it under the low profile vehicles without a problem. If you have lowered cars that need a low profile jack, this Arcan floor jack is the best option. It comes with rear casters that swivel and this will allow you to place the floor jack easily under the vehicle. The rear casters work hand in hand with the fixed wheels at the front to facilitate easier movement from one point to another. This is a high quality floor jack as it is made of industrial grade aluminum, making it durable and the strong floor jack.
Professional mechanics and other car enthusiasts find this to be the best 2 ton floor jack. This is due to the many features that it carries. It comes with a dual piston pump and this allows you to raise loads to the maximum height with very minimal effort. With just a few pumps, you will be able to get the floor jack to the maximum height. When using the floor jack, you will enjoy a great number of safety mechanisms. For instance, there is a safety valve and bypass device, which will prevent cases of overloading and over pumping of the floor jack.
Arcan XL20 Floor Jack Features
- With the Arcan XL20, you will be able to work on the lowered vehicles, since the minimum height is 2.75 inches, while the maximum height is 24 inches.
- This is a lightweight Arcan floor jack, since it is made of aluminum, but has the capacity to lift loads of up to 2 tons.
- With the dual pump, you will enjoy rapid lifting of your loads to the maximum height. While this is happening the safety valves will be responsible for protecting the floor jack from being overloaded.
- The Arcan 2 ton aluminum floor jack will give you precise control, though the universal joint release system.
- This is the best 2 ton floor jack as it is made of aluminum, which makes it durable and strong enough to handle the tasks effectively.
1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack with Rapid Pump
Everyone wants to find a floor jack that will be useful and provide great functionality. The Pittsburgh racing 1.5 ton floor jack is one of the floor jacks that you will be glad to have as it comes with a wide range of features. It is a very light model as it is made of aluminum and this also makes it strong and durable. The aluminum racing jack has a rapid pump feature that allows you to get the maximum height with just 3.5 pumps. Being made of aluminum billet, you can be sure that the rated capacity of 1.5 tons. This is ideal for most standard vehicles and would be a worthwhile investment.
This low profile aluminum floor jack has a compact design and as such, you can easily move it around from one place to another. With a minimum height of 3 3/8 inches, it is a great low profile floor jack and as such, you can place it under lowered vehicles, without a problem. The maximum height that you can achieve with floor jack is 14 ¾ inches, which will give you adequate room to lift your loads. The floor jack has a universal joint release mechanism that will provide precise load control. This means that you do not have to worry about not getting absolute control of your load. It has an ideal weight of 26.8 pounds, which makes it a portable floor jack.
The saddle on the 1.5 ton floor jack is well padded, which is an added advantage. This is because it will give you great contact with the load and this prevents any form of slippage when using it. The pit crew design of the floor jack makes it an ideal choice for professional mechanics. The knurled up handle is made of steel and will give you an excellent grip. The foam bumper of the handle will see to it that the frame of the vehicle is not damaged when you are using the floor jack.
Pittsburgh racing 1.5 ton floor jack Features
- The Pittsburgh racing 1.5 ton floor jack is made of industrial grade aluminum and a sapphire anodized finish. This is responsible for the strength and durability that the floor jack displays.
- You can make use of this low profile aluminum floor jack for lowered vehicles since the minimum height is 3 3/8 inches. The maximum height of this floor jack is 14 ¾ inches, making it a great floor jack for different vehicles.
- The floor jack has a rapid pump is responsible for the quick lifting technology. It will make it possible to lift loads of up to 1.5 tons with just 3.5 strokes, to the maximum height.
- With the pit crew design and a lightweight of 26.8 pounds, the aluminum racing jack is ideal for a fast pit stop and most professional mechanics highly regard it.
- The 1.5 ton floor jack comes with a knurled up handle that will give you a good grip. In addition, it has a foam bumper on the handle and the saddle is well padded to protect the frame of the vehicle.
Sunex 6602LP Lowrider Service Jack, 2-Ton
If you are looking for a reliable 2 ton floor jack, then this would be the right choice. This is one of the most trusted floor jacks in that it has quite a number of features, yet it is affordable. Buying the Sunex 6602LP floor jack will give you a wide range of benefits, through the numerous features that it carries. This is one of the best floor jacks with the weight capacity to support loads of up to 2 tons, effectively. The other advantage is the fact that you can use it on lowered vehicles as it has a minimum height of 2 ¾ inches, making it easier to slip it under search vehicles. The maximum height that you can achieve is 24 inches, allowing you to use it on different vehicles.
The Sunex floor jack comes with a 2 piece handle, which will offer you great convenience. When you assemble the handle of the floor jack, it will give you an adequate length that will prevent too much bending. When you need to store the floor jack, you will detach the floor jack handle and store it conveniently. There is a quick lift mechanism, which is facilitated by the dual piston pump. This allows you to get to the maximum height with just 6.5 pumps, which will significantly reduce the amount of effort applied in lifting your load.
There is a quick release handle that is on this low profile floor jack, which will make the process of lowering the load much easier. The handle of the floor jack has a foam bumper, which will protect the frame of the vehicle from any denting and damaging. As a way of enhancing the safety of the process, the saddle is also well padded with rubber, which will give you exceptional contact with load. This will prevent any instances of slippage when the jack is in use.
Sunex 6602LP floor jack Features:
- With the Sunex 6602LP, you have the ability to lift vehicles that weight up to 2 tons, as this is the rated weight capacity.
- This is one of the best options when it comes to a low profile floor jack as the minimum height is 2 ¾ inches, while the maximum height is 24 inches.
- Your vehicle is well protected as the saddle has a rubber padding, while the 2 piece handle comes with a foam bumper to prevent denting of your vehicle.
- The rapid rise technology on the Sunex floor jack allows you to get to the maximum height with only 6.5 pumps. This is made possible by the dual piston pumps.
- The universal joint release mechanism is what will give you great control of your load when using this 2 ton floor jack, irrespective of the direction of the 2 piece handle.
How to Safely Use A Car Floor Jack?
True, the best car jack is generally safe to use. However, it is only as safe as the experience of the user. If you use a jack in wrong way, it can be lethal. You, therefore, need to ensure that you do it right. This guide will enable you to use a quality car jack in the best way:
- Ensure that the vehicle to be lifted is on a flat surface. This will prevent the car from rolling off the jack while in use or when it is being lifted. On top of the car being on a flat surface, the surface also needs to be solid and strong. Soft surfaces can cause the car floor jack to sink while raising the vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle cannot move from its position by ensuring that it is in the park with the hand brake in place. You can reinforce this by placing wheel chocks under opposite wheels to ensure that the car keeps in place.
- Check your car to determine the points at which you should place your floor jack. Some car models have these points clearly marked but if yours does not, then esquire from your user’s manual to determine where exactly. This is just to ensure that the points at which you place the car floor jack will hold the weight of the rest of the car without breaking in.
- Since even the best rated floor jack may have faults, ensure that your vehicle is well rested on the floor jack prior to going under it. As a second measure, you may also have blocks on each side of the vehicle so in case that your floor jack turns out to be faulty, you will still walk away with your life.
- Take your time while raising and lowering the auto floor jack, as you pay attention to how its reception of the movements. As you do this, check for any faults including oil leaks, cracks and so on. If you notice any issue with the floor jack, stop using it. This is bound to save you a lot of grief.
Here An infographic is shown how to properly use a Car Jack
As you can see, with proper guidance, you can easily find the best car jack. You would need to consider a number of factors, besides the reviews, so that you can find the best floor jack for the money. From the models we reviewed, we highly recommend the Arcan XL20 Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack. It comes with a wide range of features and is also affordable. If you found this guide to be useful, please feel free to share it with your loved ones and also leave feedback below.