There are so many instances when you will be forced to go underneath the vehicle to fix some parts. When doing this, you would need to be assured of your safety and one of the accessories to ensure this is the best jack stand. This will make it easier to support the vehicle when you raise it using a floor jack. When shopping for the quality jack stand, you need to be sure of the quality you will get.
The car jack stands come in pairs and it is important to ensure that the ones that you pick have the capacity to support the load effectively. We are aware that you may have difficulties picking the best high lift stands and this is why we have prepared this guide. At the end of it all, we want to ensure that you will get car lift stands that will serve your needs in the best way possible. Read on to find out more about these auto jack stands.
Why You Need a Best Floor jack Stand?
With the jack stand, you are assured of your safety when you are underneath the vehicle. You will need heavy duty jack stands to support your vehicle once you have raised it with a car jack. Quality jack stands should hold the vehicle in the elevated position to give you enough room to work on the underside of the vehicle without any fears.
Top 5 Features Should Be Consider To Buy Jack Stand
There are a number of factors that you should consider when you need to buy the best jack stand. Looking at the reviews is one of the best options that will help you make an informed decision. When looking at the features of the best floor jack stand, you need to pay keen attention to your overall safety. Here are some of the main features that you should consider when you are buying high lift jack stands:
Lift Range: Just like a jack, when you are looking to buy car jack stands, you need to consider the minimum height as well as the maximum height. This should be determined by the height of your vehicle. As such, you need to consider the height of the frame of the vehicle so as to ensure that you have jack stands that give you enough room to access the underneath of the vehicle.
Lift Capacity: Car lift stands have different weight rate capacity. As such, you need to be sure of the weight of your vehicle so that you can get the right set of jack stands. With the weight rating, this you will be able to determine the weight that the jack stand can support. This is the only way that you can be sure that you have jack stands that will ensure your safety at all times.
Locking System: Auto jack stands come with various locking designs. A good number of these jack stands will either have the ratchet style locking mechanism or the pin style locking system. The pin locking mechanism appears to be more secure and will be steady. However, you can also make use of jack stands that have the ratchet style locking. The ultimate thing to look for is the convenience that you will get when you need to adjust the height.
Construction Material: Heavy duty jack stands are meant to provide the necessary support for heavy lifting tasks. This is made possible by the type of material that is used to make the jack stand. You will want to look got a model that is made of steel or aluminum. The aluminum ones are light and cannot rust, and in most cases are costly than the ones made of steel. Focus on jack stands that have a long life and are stable.
Size of Base: When you are in needs of best car jack stands, you need one that will give you great support. This is determined by the width of the base. You need to for models that have a wider base and as such, you can get the convenience of great support. It is also important to find jack stands that have a flat base, as these ones will not sink into the ground when you supporting your vehicle.
Our Top Pick heavy duty jack stands Reviews Comparison Chart
- Price: $$$
- Pair of 22 ton jack stands
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 13 x 13.5 inches
- Item Weight: 80 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price: $$$
- 10 Ton Capacity
- Product Dimensions: 16.9 x 16.1 x 26.6 inches
- Item Weight: 57.95 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price: $$
- Rated capacity: 3 Ton
- Product Dimensions: 4.2 x 5.5 x 29.6
- Item Weight: 15.9 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
What’s The Best Jack Stand In The Market 2018
For any new person, finding the quality jack stand may be a tall order. This is mainly due to the fact that there are many models and brands on the market. While this may be confusing, we have taken the time to review some of the best car jack stands that you will come across.
OTC 1780 Jack Stand – 1 Pair
When you talk to an expert, they will highly recommend OTC jack stands since they are designed in such a manner that they will never compromise on your safety. With this particular model, it can be able to support up to 22 tons of load, which means that you can use it with so many different types of vehicles. This is one of the safest jack stands that you will find on the market as it meets all the ASME/ PALD requirements. As such, whether you are a professional mechanic or just a car owner, you can trust this particular floor jack stand.
The OTC 1780 comes with a flat base, which will give you exceptional stability. This makes it steady enough as it will not sink into the surface that you are working on. In addition, it comes with a very large saddle that will be able to support your vehicle effectively. The saddle measures 3 by 3 ¾ inches. You will be able to use this jack stand on different vehicles since you can adjust the stand to 3-inch increments. You can lock the stand into 3 positions, which gives you the convenience of choosing the specific height you need.
The base height of the OTC 1780 jack stand is 12 inches and is made of high-quality steel. This makes it strong and durable and will serve your needs for a very long time without breaking or twisting. As far as locking into position goes, it has a pin style non-ratchet style that gives you great convenience. You can use this for all huge tracks and RVs and be fully confident of your safety when you need to work underneath your vehicle. You should always ensure that you are using the floor jack stands as a pair of the same brand so as to enhance their usefulness.
OTC jack stand Features
- All the OTC jack stands are an ideal choice in that they meet all the safety regulations. This model meets the ASME/PALD standards that have been set for the lifting equipment.
- The jack stand comes with a square base, which is flat and this will prevent any cases of the stand sinking into the ground when it supports your vehicle.
- The OTC 1780 is a jack stand that has a saddle with 3-inch increments adding to the convenience that you will get when using it.
- With an exceptional capacity of 22 tons, this is a jack stand that can be used on heavy vehicles like RVs and large trucks.
- The OTC 1780 jack stand comes with a pin style non-ratchet, which will allow you to lock the stand into 3 different positions.
Sunex 1310 10-Ton Medium Height Pin Type Jack Stands, Pair
Sunex jack stands are also rated among the best options that you will come across on the market. They are designed in such a manner that they will guarantee you a top-notch experience. Ideally, they are meant for heavy-duty repairs as they are known to support heavy loads. The Sunex 1310 is no different from the other jack stands by this brand. It has the capacity to support 10 tons of weight. This is made possible by the unique design and features that are meant to provide exceptional stability. It comes with a 4 leg steel base, which gives you great support.
The 10-ton jack stands are a height pin type of jack stands and will give you maximum stability and strength. This is due to the solid construction as they are made of high-quality schedule pipe. It comes with multiple-hole locations and as such, you can easily adjust it to your desired height. This will make the height adjustments quick and easier. The pin for height adjustment is attached to the jack stand and as such, you will not have to worry about losing it.
When it comes to the saddle, this set of heavy duty stands comes with an extra-large saddle. The saddle has locating lugs, which will support the vehicle frame adequately. If you are hesitant about the quality of the floor jacks, it is worth noting that the Sunex jack stands meet all the ASME PALD compliance testing. This is a great assurance that the jack stands will last for a very long time without compromising on the safety of the user. Before going underneath the vehicle ensure that you place the jack stands in place and give the vehicle a little push to check if it is stable enough on the jack stands.
Sunex jack stand Features:
- This is one of the best Sunex jack stands as it can support loads of up to 10 tons and it is built to provide maximum strength and lasts for a very long time.
- It comes with a four leg steel base and support tube, which are made of heavy schedule pipe to enhance the sturdiness and stability of the jack stands.
- There are multiple-hole locations on the support tube and this will make the height adjustment supported by the pin easier and fast with the 10-ton jack stands.
- The jack stand has a very large saddle that is equipped with locating lugs support and position vehicle frame.
- Unlike some other heavy duty jack stands, the height adjustment pin for this model is attached to the stand so as to prevent loss.
Performance Tool W41022 3 Ton Heavy Duty Jack Stand Set
Performance tool jack stands are known to be quite effective when they support your vehicle. This set of jack stands is quite stable and is known to be ideal for heavy-duty tasks. If you are a mechanic with the need for heavy-duty lifting, then this model would be the best choice. This is a sturdy jack stand that is made of heavy duty steel construction. As such, you can be sure that it is strong and stable and is durable, thus making it a worthwhile investment. The design of this jack stand is unique and has an appealing finish.
The yellow and captivating sports frame is quite unique and noticeable. It contrasts very well with the ratchet bar that is made of well-brushed steel. The main advantage of the bar is the fact that it gives you great convenience as a result of the multi-position support. It also has a sports flanged top that is able to hold the vehicle firmly in position. The weight capacity of the 3-ton jack stands is 3 tons. This is ideal as it can support most standard vehicles without a problem.
When you need to adjust the height of this jack stand, you will enjoy a wide range of height adjustment. It will adjust from 12 inches all the way up to 17 ¾ inches. This is one of the most affordable low profile jack stands that you will come across on the market. Unlike other models, this particular one comes as a set of two. It has a gray piece on the upper side and the yellow base is quite visible. With an ideal weight of 15 pounds, this would be easy to carry around. This set of jack stands can be used for heavy trucks and large buses due to its unique strength and stability.
Performance tool jack stand Features:
- The Performance tool jack stands have a rated capacity of 3 tons and as such, it can support loads of up to 6000 pounds, conveniently.
- The lifting range of the floor jack stand is 12 inches to a maximum height of 17 ¼ inches. This allows you to use the pair of jack stands on different vehicles.
- The low profile jack stands are made of heavy duty steel, which is quite sturdy and durable. This will give you the strength and stability that you will need.
- The main advantage is the fact that they are sold as a set of 2 for a low price, which makes them affordable jack stands.
- The 3 ton jack stands have a very wide base that will give you great support for your vehicles, without succumbing to the pressure of the loads.
How To Safely Lift A Car On The Jack Stand?
Even when you have the best jack stand, you need to know how to use it safely. A single mistake with your car lift stands can be very costly and cause serious injuries and even fatalities. As such, you should learn how to use jack stand in a safe manner. Here is a simple guide to facilitate the proper use of jack stands.
- When lifting a vehicle and intend to use the quality floor jack stand, you need to have the vehicle parked on a flat surface. Never lift your vehicle on a slanted terrain as this may cause it to roll.
- You should consider the weight rating of the vehicle so as to ensure that you have the right auto jack stands. When doing this, the focus should be on the curb weight and ensure that the jack stands have the capacity to support your vehicle. If you are not sure of the weight of the vehicle, refer to the owner’s manual.
- Before jacking up the car, you need to engage the parking brake as well. This is a safety measure that will ensure that the vehicle is rigid, even when you have high lift jack stands. Most experts will also recommend that you place wheel chocks in the opposite tires from the point which you need to lift.
- Use the ideal jack to lift the vehicle and ensure that you have the right model. You should ensure that the jack can support the vehicle.
- When you have raised the vehicle to the desired height, you should place the car jack stand under the vehicle. Lower it such that the vehicle rests on the jack stands. Ensure that you have placed the stands in the right place and avoid moving parts like the vehicle’s suspension.
- Take away the jack completely and let the vehicle be on the heavy duty jack stand. Ensure that you have the same pair of jack stands so that they can be balanced and provide the required support. You should ensure that all the weight of the vehicle is supported by the jack stands and not the automotive jack.
- You should give your vehicle a gentle push when it is on the jack stand. This is meant to ensure that the vehicle is stable enough. If there is any side that seems to be unstable, you need to place the floor jack and make the necessary adjustments.
- While it is good to have confidence in the jack stand, you need to have a backup of the vehicle. Place solid objects like tires and wood blocks under the vehicle. This would act as an effective support in the event that the jack stands should fail and stop working as required. This will prevent any injuries from happening when you are under the vehicle.
With this simple guide, you should not have any problems using the car jack stands. Once you are done working underneath the vehicle you should place the jack and remove the jack stands first, before lowering the vehicle using your floor jack. You should never compromise on your safety any time that you are working with jack stands.
Go Here An Infographic is shown how to properly use a jack Stand
Jack stands are essential accessories for any professional mechanic or vehicle enthusiast. As such, you need to find the best jack stand. There are so many models of jack stands that are on the market. We have reviewed some of the best floor jack stands and we recommend the OTC 1780 Jack Stand – 1 Pair as the best option. This will support up to 22 tons of weight, making it the best choice for most car owners. If you found this article useful, please feel free to drop a comment and also share it around.