When you invest in a good quality car jack, then you will be able to do a whole lot of things. This makes it possible for you to carry out a number of tasks like bleeding brakes, changing oil, changing brake pads and so much more. This is one of the best ways to save up on money that you usually spend by going to the mechanic. However, with the numerous jacks on the market, you may find it difficult to pick the best Pittsburgh floor jack.
We are aware that it can be difficult to pick the right jack and this is why we have put together this guide to serve your needs in the best way possible. We have put together a comprehensive guide to help you find the most suitable Pittsburgh automotive jack. At the end of this guide, you should be able to make an informed decision and get the best floor jack.
Why Buy a Pittsburgh Automotive Floor Jack?
There are so many reasons why you should buy a Pittsburgh auto jack. This will serve your needs in different ways. Since there are quite a number of models we have put together floor jack reviews. With a Pittsburgh automotive jack review, you will be able to tell if a particular tool is ideal for your specific needs. Here are some of the best models of Pittsburgh jacks.
Top 5 Things to Consider When Buying a Pittsburgh Automotive Jack
As you can see, having an auto jack comes with a whole range of advantages. With each Pittsburgh automotive floor jack review, you will learn that each model has its own unique capabilities. When you need to get the best budget jack for the car it is important to consider other factors so as to be able to acquire the best automotive jack. Here are top 5 things to consider when looking for the jack by Pittsburgh:
- Lifting Range:
In order to find the best automotive jack, you need to consider the profile of your car. You need to consider the ground clearance so as to find a garage jack that will slip under the vehicle easily. In addition to this, you should also consider the maximum height that the jack can get to. This will inform your decision and make it easier for you to buy the best floor jack for the money. If you have low profile cars, you need to be very keen so as to get the right model.
- Rapid Pump Feature:
No one wants to spend hours on the automotive jack lifting the vehicles. As such, you need to look at one that has a rapid pump feature or dual pistons. This will allow you to be able to lift your loads in the shortest time possible and with minimal effort. It is important to establish how many pumps it takes to get the saddle to the maximum height.
- Construction Material:
Inspect the materials that have been used to make the jack. The quality model is one that is strong and durable. Aluminum and steel jacks are known to be quite durable. What you need to stay away from, are the those that have some parts that are made of plastic as they will not last for a long time. The best option, from an expert opinion, is an aluminum jack, which is said to be the best budget floor jack for the money.
- Lift Capacity:
Another essential consideration is the lifting capacity that it is rated for. This should be determined by the weight of the vehicle, inasmuch as you will not lift the whole vehicle at once. You need to look out for the best value floor jack that can support varied weight and as such, you can make use of it with different vehicle models. Fortunately, Pittsburgh car jacks come with safety valves and as such you will never overload them.
The other essential thing to consider is the budget so that you can find the best budget floor jack. When looking for a vehicle jack, you should consider a number of models within a particular price range. Compare the features of the various models so that you can find one that suits your needs in the best way. It is important to go through various jack reviews before settling for a particular model.
For more in-depth information about how to buy the quality jack for car, I highly recommend this article: https://automotivetoolspoint.com/choose-the-best-floor-jack/
Our Top Pick Pittsburgh automotive floor jacks Comparison Chart
- Price: $$
- Capacity: 3 Ton
- Body: Steel
- Item Weight: 79 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price: $$
- Capacity: 1.5 Ton
- Body: Aluminum
- Item Weight: 40.0 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price: $$$
- Capacity: 4 Ton
- Body: Steel
- Product Weight: 99.9 lbs
- Warranty : Check Product Page
Best Pittsburgh Floor Jack In The market 2018
With the market being flooded with so many different models, it can be confusing for a new buyer. In order to help you make the best decision on the Quality floor jack, we have reviewed some of the best models on the market. Here are our top picks for 2018:
Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift
The diverse features of the Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton jack make this model quite unique. This is one of the models that have a very high rating since it comes with a rapid pump that facilitates quick lifting. With this mechanism, you will be able to lift loads to the maximum height with only 3.5 strokes on the pump. The solid construction of this Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack is also quite impressive since it makes the tool durable and strong. It has an industrial grade finish with will prevent any rusting and wearing out. You will love having this model as it is an exceptional investment.
This is a 3 ton jack, which means that you can be able to lift loads of up to 3 tons. It has an overall weight of 71.7 pounds and this is an added advantage. This is rated as a heavy duty jack and this heavyweight will enhance the stability when in use. The minimum height is 2 7/8 inches, which is the best low profile floor jack. You will be able to place it under the vehicle with an extremely low profile. The maximum height is 19 ¾ inches, which means that it lifts your vehicle almost 2 feet off the ground.
The padded handle is made up of 2 pieces and when they are assembled the total length is 45 ¼ inches. With such a length, you will not bend when using the auto jack. As far as the safety of the heavy duty car jack goes, it comes with safety valves. This will prevent any cases of overloading and over be pumping beyond its rated capacity. There are extra wide casters that swivel on the rear side and also comes with front wheels that are fixed. Besides facilitating the movement and positioning, the wheels will enhance the stability of this tool.
Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack Features:
- This is the best low profile floor jack since it has a minimum height of 2 7/8 inches. It also accommodates a wide range of vehicles since it goes to a maximum height of 19 ¾ inches.
- The solid construction of the Pittsburgh jack is one of kind since it is well welded using heavy duty steel, which makes it strong and durable.
- There is a foam bumper on the handle of the car jack and it also comes with a saddle that is well padded to ensure that the vehicle is protected from any form of damage.
- This is Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack has the capacity to lift loads of up to 3 tons and due to the rapid lift mechanism, it will only take 3 ½ pumps.
- The heavy duty car jack comes with a universal joint release mechanism that will grant you absolute control of your load.
1.5 Ton Compact Aluminum Racing Jack with Rapid Pump
The Pittsburgh racing 1.5 ton floor jack is made of aluminum and this is a great sign of the best value jack. One of the features that stands out from the other models is the rapid pump that facilitates the fast rising technology. This allows you to get the saddle to the maximum height with only 2.5 pumps. It is made using aircraft grade aluminum billet and as such, you can be sure of getting a durable model and one that is strong enough. It has a compact design and will be able to lift loads of up to 1.5 tons.
The aluminum racing jack is quite light, due to its designed and in addition to this, it has a steady grip since it has a knurled up handle that is made of steel. When you are lifting your load using the floor, you will enjoy absolute control since it has a universal joint release system. The low profile aluminum floor jack has a minimum height of 3 3/8 inches, which makes it ideal for vehicles with a low profile. The maximum height, on the other hand, is 14 ¾ inches, which allows you to use it on different vehicles. With an overall weight of 26.8 pounds, you will carry it around conveniently.
This 1.5 jack comes with a padded saddle that is meant to enhance the contact with the load. As such, you will not have to worry about slipping when it is in use. It has a pit crew design and as such, it can be used by professional mechanics. The saddle and the handle have foam bumper, which will protect the vehicle and its components from being damaged. This is one of the best rated floor jack on the market and will serve versatile needs.
Pittsburgh racing 1.5 ton floor jack Features:
- As you can see from the name, this 1.5 ton jack has a rapid pump, which will make it possible to lift the saddle to the maximum height in just 3 ½ pumps.
- The minimum height of this low profile aluminum floor jack is 3 3/8 inches and will rise to a maximum height of 14 ¾ inches.
- One of the things that makes this rank as the best jack for the money is the pit crew design, which makes it ideal for professional mechanics.
- The aluminum racing jack is made of aircraft grade aluminum and has a sapphire anodized finish. This is responsible for the lightweight of 26.8 pounds and the durability.
- The knurled up handle will give you a great grip when you are operating it. In addition, the handle and the saddle are well padded to protect the vehicle from being dented by the Pittsburgh racing 1.5 ton floor jack.
4 Ton Heavy Duty Floor Jack Steel Rapid Pump Lift Car Vehicle Garage Shop Repair
If you have a garage, then you might want to consider having this 4 ton floor jack as it can be able to lift heavier loads. With a capacity of lifting loads of up to 4 tons, this makes this an ideal jack for different types of vehicles, with varied weights. The car jack comes with a rapid lift pump system, through which you can be able to lift loads to the maximum height with just 3.5 pumps. This is made possible by the dual piston pumps that work effectively with the hydraulic system. The minimum lifting range is 4 inches, while the maximum is 20.5 inches, which gives you adequate room to work on your vehicle.
The foam bumper on the handle and the saddle of the Pittsburgh 4 ton floor jack are aimed at ensuring that the frame of your vehicle does not get dented. In addition, the rubber padding will create a firm contact between the load and the saddle and prevents any case of slippage. The aluminum handle is also knurled up so as to ensure that you have a firm and comfortable grip when pumping. This is a high quality heavy duty car jack, with a weight of 100 pounds. This gives it great stability and also ensures that you will use it for a very long period of time. The jack is made of heavy grade steel, which is responsible for the solid construction.
There are extra wide casters, which make this count as the best car jack since they will make it easier to move it around. Since the wheels are made of steel, they will provide extra stability. The universal joint release system allows you to get precise load control irrespective of the position of the handle when you are operating the floor jack.
Pittsburgh 4 ton floor jack Features:
- The Pittsburgh 4 ton floor jack is welded from heavy duty steel, which makes it strong and durable. It also has an industrial quality finish, which enhances its sturdiness.
- This is a heavy duty car jack as it weighs 100 pounds, which makes it strong and stable enough. The wide casters and front wheels, made of steel will also enhance the stability of this jack.
- The lifting range is 4 inches and rises all the way up to 20.5 inches. This means that you can use the it on different vehicles, with different heights.
- The rapid pump on 4 ton floor jack makes it easier to lift your loads with minimal effort and takes a very short period of time.
- This is the best car jack as it can lift loads of up to 4 tons and has a universal joint release mechanism to ensure that you have total control of your load.
How to Safely Use a Automotive Jack?
While it is true that a Pittsburgh floor jack is extensively safe, the manner in which you use it is crucial. As such, we have put together some basic guidelines so as to help you use the automotive jack in a safe manner. You should never compromise on your safety when working with the jack. Here is a simple guide to follow:
- Before jacking up the jack with a Pittsburgh automotive jack, you need to ensure that your vehicle is parked on a flat surface. This is meant to prevent any cases of rolling of the vehicle when it is being jacked up. In addition, the surface needs to be solid so as to prevent the auto jack from sinking in when you raise your vehicle.
- Engage the parking brake of your vehicle to enhance its rigidity. In addition to this, you need to also find wheel chocks and place them under the wheels on opposite site. You should not attempt to lift your vehicle with a Pittsburgh automotive floor jack on a slanted surface.
- Identify the jacking points under the vehicle where you place the hydraulic jack. These are the indicated points where the jack should have contact with your vehicle. In most models of vehicles, the points are clearly marked, but in the event that you are not sure, you can refer to the owner’s manual of your vehicle.
- Get car jacks to support the vehicle when you have it raised from the ground. Even the best rated floor jack is a mechanical device and may fail at any given time. As a safety measure, you should never go under the vehicle until it has rested properly on the jack stands.
- When raising and lowering, this should be done in slow motions, while paying keen attention to it. This is meant to monitor if there is any fault with the tool like cracks or even oil leaks. At the point when you notice any fault with the garage jack, you should stop using your auto floor jack right away so as to avert potential danger.
Read Here An infographic is shown how to safely lift a vehicle use a Floor Jack
With this guide, you should be able to make an informed decision on the best floor jack. You will realize that the Pittsburgh jack is the best choice in so many ways. In our recommendation, we advocate for 4 Ton Heavy Duty Floor Jack Steel Rapid Pump Lift Car Vehicle Garage Shop Repair. This is the best budget auto jack due to the versatile features that it carries. If you found this guide to be helpful, please leave a comment and also feel free to share it.